For any team member who is on a team, 100% of any amount they donate will be credited to their team total. Your team is required to raise the team fundraising minimum for the 2023 Pro-Am. It’s surprising how quickly the donations add up once you put your heart, creativity and commitment into securing donations.
The key is getting started now!
General Team Fundraising Rules
The team fundraising totals will be used to determine the draft order for the Thursday Night draft. In the event of a tie, the team with the individual who has the highest amount fundraised will be given the higher draft pick.
For a team that does not have a team sponsor, their minimums will be higher and because there is no team sponsorship fee, $7,500 will be deducted from their team total for determining the draft order.
General Player Fundraising Rules
Think of the people you can ask who won’t say no like your family, friends, and co-workers! Get that first donation to start momentum. You can do it! The sooner you get started, the easier it will be to reach beyond $750.
• Write down the names of all of the people in your life: family, friends, neighbours, co-workers, family doctor, auto mechanic – don’t leave anyone out. You know a lot of people!
• Reach people you’ve never met!
• Have everyone you email forward your donation request to their friends and family.
• Use social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to share your journey and encourage others to support you.
• Have family and friends distribute donation forms for you and talk to their contacts about supporting your goal.
To make your fundraising journey much easier!
Speak To Your Employer
– Don’t be shy
– Ask your colleagues and business contacts to support you in your fundraising efforts.
– Do not forget about a corporate matching gift program, which can double your efforts quickly.
Send an Email (to Everyone)
– Personalize an email with the story about why you are committed to the Play for a Cure Pro-Am Supporting Cancer Research in Windsor Essex. It’s important to inspire your donors to support you!Convenient and easy for them to support you!
– Follow up with a phone call to everyone you emailed after a week to secure a donation if they haven’t already donated online.
Send A Text Message
– Create a simple, yet engaging text message with a link to your donation page, and send it to your contacts to ask for support!
Use Your Social Media Channels
– Leverage your Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter accounts to tell people about your incredible fundraising efforts with a link to your donation page.
Additional Engagement Techniques
1. Highlight benefits to your donor such as receiving free tournament tickets, so they can meet all of the alumni.
2. Ask your friends/colleagues to give you their morning coffee money, a $5 donation still goes a long way.
3. When you are 10% from your fundraising goal, follow up with your network and ask them to get you to the finish line.
4. Be persistent. E-mail, e-mail and e-mail again until you get your donation.
5. Personally THANK all your donors, no matter how small the donation may be.
• Cash donations are easy to process. Either fill out a printed donation form from the Resources section of our website and attach a personal cheque with the donation amount, or make a donation online equal to the cash donation you received using your credit card. The donor will receive a tax receipt via email or mail, according to the information given on the form.
• Ask your company to support you. Talk to management about a donation from the company or even donation matching. If the right people know about your commitment to the Pro-Am, fundraising possibilities are limitless.
• Corporate teams are a great way to increase individual players’ fundraising while encouraging camaraderie and increasing the exposure of your company. Approach management about supporting a corporate team.